Categories :

Kizz Daniel clears the air on Tanzanian Afroclassic Tour 2022 debacle

Nigerian Afrobeats superstar, Kizz Daniel who is currently on his Afroclassic Tour 2022 has cleared the air following the issues surrounding his failure to appear at a show in Tanzania and his subsequent arrest.

Kizz Daniel

Kizz Daniel

Kizz Daniel’s Road Manager sets the record straight: In a press conference live-streamed on Instagram with veteran media personality Daddy Freeze, Kizz Daniel’s Road Manager and brother, Folu Anidugbe highlighted the facts surrounding the widely publicized misunderstanding.

Folu pinpointed the lack of coordination and proper arrangement of the slated event by promoters of the show. He further debunked several allegations making the rounds about Kizz Daniel’s late arrival to Tanzania.

He also denied the claim made by the show promoter Mr. Steven Uwa that Kizz refused to perform due to the unavailability of his clothes or jewelry. Folu made counterclaims that Steven reneged on previous agreements and misappropriated the funds meant for the show which led to Kizz’s inability to perform.

During the Instagram live session, Steven confirmed that he had reached an agreement behind closed doors with Kizz Daniel’s team to reschedule the show before he reneged on the agreement and involved the police.

Kizz Daniel holds a press conference to address the issue: The Instagram live comes after Kizz Daniel held a press conference where he addressed Tanzanian and tendered his apology for missing the show. Kizz also cleared the air that he was only invited for questioning by the police following the vandalism that his absence caused at the venue.

Kizz Daniel shared that the unfortunate situation was not intentional and he doesn’t take the fans for granted as he takes his craft seriously. “I love my job, I love performing, I’m a great entertainer, it was beyond my power, I’m really sorry, “ the superstar said during the press conference.

Narrating the incident, Kizz revealed that when he suffered an 8-hour delay in Nairobi Kenya, where he was supposed to get a connecting flight to Tanzania.

“We stayed in Nairobi for eight hours and waited at the Airport Lounge and eventually got a connecting flight and arrived Dar-es-Salam at 11.30 pm and the band went straight to the venue. While this was happening, the organizers assured me and my team that everything was in order and the fans were properly communicated to. We eventually arrived at the hotel at 1.30 AM due to misplaced luggage and required documentation processes.”

Kizz Daniel revealed that he ensured the band was at the venue to ensure everything was in order despite the delay at the airport. However, the band was cut off stage due to their supposed late arrival.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.